Art for children
Our aim at From Mud to Matisse is to introduce children to the magical world of art. Whether it's the works of the Old Masters, Modernist 20C sculptures or contemporary paintings, art has much to share and much to tell. Looking at paintings can be as exciting as discovering a hidden world: it enriches children's minds and awakens their imagination. They are given a fascinating insight into the works of past artists, their ingenious techniques and the world in which they lived....
As mothers we know how important it is for children to have as broad and diverse an education as possible. Learning about the different sides of Art encompasses areas of learning in an inspirational and engaging way. From Mud to Matisse is dedicated to promoting the arts for children.
Jocelyn aged 7
From Mud to Matisse offers the following courses and services:
- Art workshops for children. Let children learn about the lives of great artists, the stories behind their paintings and the extraodordinary influence they had on the future of Western Art. They then go on to produce their own masterpiece to take home.
- Cross-curricular talks for schools on any topic, period or movement requested
- A comprehensive online guide to galleries and exhibitions at home and overseas, for ALL the family
- Art Parties for children aged between 5-12
- Advice and information for students and pupils of Art History at A'Level and Undergraduate level
So whether you are interested in finding out more about artists and their works, want to know which galleries are the best for children or would like to organise a Mud to Matisse workshop just click on the relevant page